- Free Fast Shipping!
- ON ALL ORDERS
- (USPS Priority MAIL - 2-3 days, or USPS First Class Mail for orders under 13 oz.)
- 4Spectrum Health
- 230 PR 3471
- Big Sandy, TX 75755
- Learn about Premium Chlorella Now!
- Goodness of Goji!
- Vegetable Source!
- Get Natural Vitamin E Complex Now!
- Intermittent Claudication
- Painful Leg Cramps
- "This condition is serious for several other reasons. First, if the patient survives long enough, the ailment will probably progress to gangrene and eventual amputation of one or both legs. . .
- "[In Haeger's experiment] among those not given vitamin E who survived (only half as many lived, compared with those in the vitamin E-treated group) there were eleven leg amputations, as against one in those who were given vitamin E." Dr. Wilfrid E. Shute, M. D., The Shute Institute
- The first symptom of intermittent claudication (the result of a hardening of the arteries in the legs) seems simple and rather unimportant. Typically, the patient has been walking for a while -- perhaps shopping, out for a stroll, or just back and forth to the job -- and suddenly he or she must stop because of a severe cramp in the calf of one leg. Standing still for a short time usually causes t he cramp to go away. Then walking can be resumed. In time, t he frequency and severity of cramps increase, while the distance that can be covered before the cramps occur, shortens. Eventually, both legs are affected and the patient is no longer ambulatory.
- This condition is serious for several other reasons. First, if the patient survives long enough, the ailment will probably progress to gangrene and eventual amputation of one or both legs. Second, the incidence of a heart attack or death from heart failure is greatly increased in these patients.
- Dr. Knüt Kaeger reported in Vascular Disease (5: 199, 1968) and in Prevention (March, 1975) on supervised double blind, cross-over trials of vitamin E therapy for these cases. He showed that such patients were not helped significantly by vasodilators, anticoagulants (blood-thinning drugs), or multivitamin capsules that contain no vitamin E. However, t hey were helped to a significant degree by vitamin E therapy. Dr. Haeger thus confirmed previous work by Dr. A. M. Boyd, professor of surgery at the University of Manchester in England, reported in Lancet (2: 132, 1949) and Journal of Angiology (14: 198, 1963).
- Both Drs. Boyd and Haeger demonstrated that the patients treated with vitamin E survived longer than any other group of claudication patients ever studied. Dr. Boyd used several x rays to show that the calcium, characteristically deposited in the walls of the arteries in advanced arteriosclerotic lesions, was slowly eliminated during the treatment.
- However, t he most dramatic proof of t he power of vitamin E was shown by Haeger's experiment. Among those not given vitamin E who survived (only half as many lived, compared with t hose in the vitamin e-treated group) there were eleven leg amputations, as against one in those who were given vitamin E. It is likely that the one amputee who was getting vitamin E might well have saved his leg if this experiment had not been a double blind study, where neither the subjects nor the researchers knew who was getting t he test substance. Otherwise, he would probably have been placed on an increased -- and probably effective -- dosage of vitamin E as soon as it was evident that his condition was not improving.
- Haeger also demonstrated t hat the blood supply is, in fact, increased in the legs of intermittent claudication patients treated with vitamin E.
- (from Health Preserver: Defining the Versality of Vitamin E, by Wilfrid E. Shute, M. D., Rodale Press, Emmaus, PA, 1977, p. 33-34).
- Foundation of London, Ontario, Canada. He and his brother Wilfrid Shute, MD, Cardiology, used natural Vitamin E successfully in treatment of over 55,000 patients during their respective careers.
- (For information and educational purposes only. This inforation is not intended to be used as medical advice, or as a substitute for qualified medical diagnosis and treatment.)
- Premium Chlorella is Here!
- Get Natural Vitamin E Complex Now!